International Labour Organization
About the Journal | Contact Information | Editorial Board | Current/Past Issues | Subscriptions | Author Guidelines | Book Review Guidelines | Special Issue Proposal Guidelines | Recent News
About the Journal
International Labour Review website – English
Revista Internacional del Trabajo website – Spanish
Revue Internationale du Travail website – French
The International Labour Review (ILR) is a peer-reviewed multidisciplinary journal of international scope in labour and employment studies. Established in 1921 by decision of the ILO Governing Body, it is published quarterly in English, French and Spanish and administered by the ILO Research Department.
The ILR aims to advance academic research and inform policy debate and decision-making in all fields related to the world of work, such as economics, law, industrial relations, social policy, sociology and history, by publishing and bringing together the original thinking of academics and experts in those fields. It also features concise reports on current developments and reviews of recent major publications considered to be of particular interest to those working in these fields.
It applies an editorial policy that:
- is committed to a rigorous, insightful analysis and the highest scholarly standards;
- fosters diversity and equality of opportunity by strongly encouraging submissions in English, French and Spanish by authors of all generations and from all world regions;
- welcomes manuscripts related to the world of work from all disciplines and encourages the submission of those with an inter-disciplinary approach;
- welcomes both theoretical and empirically-based studies, as well as comparative and international studies, and country-level studies that explore concepts, trends and institutions that are of interest to an international audience;
- promotes a style of writing that is accessible to both academics and policy-makers and a multidisciplinary readership.
ISSN: 0020-7780 (print); 1564-913X (web)
Frequency : Quarterly
Languages: English, French, Spanish
First year of publication: 1921
4, route des Morillons
Table of contents and abstracts from the current issue can be located here.
Table of contents and abstracts from past issues can be located here.
The online version of the International Labour Review can be located here.
Subscription information can be found here.
Guidelines on submitting manuscripts are available here.
Guidelines on submitting special issue proposals are available here.
Guidelines on submitting book reviews are available here.