To stimulate scholarly activity and broaden academic interest in comparative labour and employment law, the International Association of Labour Law Journals announces a Call for Papers for the 2014 Marco Biagi Award. The award is named in honor of the late Marco Biagi, a distinguished labour lawyer, victim of terrorism because of his commitment to civil rights, and one of the founders of the Association. The Call is addressed to doctoral students, advanced professional students, and academic researchers in the early stage of their careers.
- The Call requests papers concerning comparative and/or international labour or employment law and employment relations, broadly conceived. Research of an empirical nature within the Call’s purview is most welcome.
- Submissions will be evaluated by an academic jury to be appointed by the Association.
- Papers accepted by the jury will be assured publication in a member journal.
- Papers may be submitted preferably in English, but papers in French, or Spanish will also be accepted. The final version should not significantly exceed 50,000 characters which is about twenty printed pages.
- The author or authors of the papers selected by the jury will be invited to present the work at the Association’s 2014 meeting in Dublin. Efforts are being undertaken to attach an honorarium and travel expenses for the presentation of the paper. Until that effort bears fruit, however, the Association hopes that home institutional funds would be available to support the researcher’s presentation.
- The deadline for submission is April 30, 2014. Submissions should be transmitted
electronically to both Lavoro e diritto at email@example.com and the Comparative Labor Law & Policy Journal at firstname.lastname@example.org.